Creating a greener, cleaner future
Mitsubishi HC Capital UK is transitioning to become a more sustainable business with climate focus as a priority and has set targets to reduce its GHG emissions including formal Science Based Targets (SBT) and internal targets.
By embedding a culture of sustainability, setting clear pathways with targets, actions and measurement, and engaging our colleagues in our ambitions, we believe we can make a meaningful contribution to the global aspiration for net zero by 2050.
We’re shaping the future of low-emission mobility as a leading advocate of zero-emission vehicles. In partnership with GRIDSERVE, we’re helping to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles powered by solar energy.
In line with our environmental policy, our business is evolving to direct the flow of finance to sectors of the economy that help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. We’re creating a brighter future for tomorrow by developing innovative partnerships, supporting businesses that are seeking to deliver sustainable change.
- Reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 50% by and continue to annually source 100% renewable electricity by year end 2030
- Reduce absolute scope 3 emissions from business travel, employee commuting, and waste by 30% by 2030
- Reduce absolute scope 3 GHG emissions from downstream leased assets by 30% by 2030
- Continue providing project finance in the power sector for only renewable electricity, through to 2030
- Have 20% of our assets directly connected to climate action and affordable clean energy by March 2025
- Electrify 100% of our car and small van (3.5 tonne and under) fleet, and 50% of our larger van fleet by 2030